- Collection and Use
- Personal Information in terms of this Policy
- Data Processing in terms of this Policy
- Information Received or Collected
- Data Submitted on Our Website
- Data Submitted via Form Entry
- Data submitted upon purchase
- Personal Data attached to Subscriber Lists
- GDPR Implication for Users of the CFR Plugin
- Your Data Shared and Disclosed
- Statistical Information
- Data Integrity
- Data Security
- Rights of Data Subjects
- Breach Notifications
- Third Party Extensions
- Amendments to this Policy
- In a Nutshell
- How to get in touch with us
- Data Submitted on Our Website
Collection and Use
For the purposes of this Policy, ‘personal information’ is regarded and relates to personally identifiable information of natural or juristic persons. Natural persons can be identified, whether directly or indirectly, by identification number or factors specific to his/her physical, mental, economical, social or cultural identity, including factors such as name, location or online identifier.
Notwithstanding the exceptions in terms of this Policy, Code Cabin and brand representative, Contact Form Ready (hereafter CFR) will not sell, rent or loan any personal information to third parties. Code Cabin and CFR is committed to protecting the data you share with us.
Code Cabin and CFR relies on your consent for data processing purposes. The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) defines consent as “…freely given, specific, informed…, a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data…”.
Code Cabin and CFR provides for granular consent processes in each instance where personally identifiable data is processed. Supporting the spirit and aim of data protection proposed by the GDPR, we have not only ensured for consent safeguards in our internal processes, so endeavouring to affect Privacy by Design, but have implemented GDPR compliance tools to assist Users of CFR in communicating data protection to their site visitors.
Subject to this Policy, in the course of utilizing Our Product or by way of communications with Code Cabin and CFR, the following information may be collected and/or received per consent by you, the User or website visitor:
– Email address.
– Personal information, including name and surname.
– Contact information, including email address and social profiles.
– Business information, including company profiles, social profiles, websites, company name and address.
– Account information, including the use of third party services.
– Data, including use and access to Our Product, data transferred using Our Product and information submitted in regards to the use of Our Product.
Data submitted on our Website
Data Submitted via Form Entry
Any data submitted to Code Cabin and CFR by means of our contact form, is reserved for specific product support and query related purposes. If you choose to get in touch with our agents via this form, you must first consent to your data being processed. Consent is verified by means of a check box and a notice stipulating the details of the data controller (Code Cabin and CFR) and the data retention period. Based on this consent, Code Cabin and CFR may receive your name, email address and website url and information relating to the purpose of your form submission. This information is processed and stored on our internal support desk (not a third-party service, thereby providing an additional safety measure) and is retained for as long as reasonably required to act as reference for returning queries. You will be prompted to consent to the retention of you data for a reasonably required period. Only acting support agents of Code Cabin and CFR will have access to said information, subject to the signing of a confidentiality agreement. Your information may be requested, rectified or erased upon request, at any time.
Data submitted upon purchase
For completion of purchase Users of CFR are required to submit information such as a name and email address for receipt of Our Product and to create an account via which the purchase of said product is verified. By voluntarily providing us with Account information, the User submits that he is the owner of the information provided or are otherwise authorized to provide it to Code Cabin and CFR. This information, along with your transaction ID, is kept as reference to your opened account for as long as reasonably required. So as to give effect to the right of access to held information in terms of the GDPR, CFR has provided for a GDPR Actions page. From here, you may view, download, rectify or erase your data. [Erasure of data comes with a stern warning that this terminates the license held by the User, as this is unchangeably attached to your personally identifiable data]. Code Cabin and CFR in no way endeavours to make consent a condition of using our service, however, we require consent, as per regulation, to process your personal data and attach purchased licenses to it.
Code Cabin and CFR further promoted the protection of your data by making use of payment solutions Stripe and PayPal, who also demonstrate compliance with the GDPR and have strict data protection measures in place.
Personal Data attached to Subscriber Lists
Such information is created, inputted, submitted, posted, transmitted, stored or displayed by you.
The collection of this data is on a strictly consensual basis for the purpose of rendering service in relation to Our Product or communicating marketing material. Information communicated may consist of notifications of new releases, updates, versions, changes, upgrades and/or future prospects. Code Cabin and CFR will only communicate information reasonably relevant to the purpose of list subscriptions or information we reasonably believe will fall in your interest.
Furthermore, our newsletter campaigns will provide you with the needed information required by regulation: why we are emailing you, your previous consent and subscription and a clear option to opt out.
Code Cabin and CFR will not communicate marketing information to you unless you have duly consented by subscribing to our newsletter lists. Code Cabin and CFR do not generate automatic lists based on User or site visitors actions and where previously collected in this fashion, subscribers were prompted to re-subscribe and so confirm their consent.
You, as subscriber, may opt out of all subscriptions at any time.
GDPR Implication for Users of the CFR Plugin
As Contact Form Ready is a provider of a form submission system, we have implemented various checks and features to assist Users (of the Basic or Paid Version) in ensuring their form data processing is inline with GDPR regulations.
Contact Form Ready has provided for the addition of form consent clauses, data retention settings, a simplified way to export or erase form data where form data is stored (by means of using our Stored Submissions extension), an erasure notice and action for non-stored submissions and informed Users of their responsibility towards GDPR compliance. Our quick guide to GDPR compliance can be found here.
Your Data Shared and Disclosed
Code Cabin and CFR may share your personal data only in exceptional, limited circumstances as listed below:
- After you have consented to such action, and:
- In terms of certain business-related functions, such as functions regarding the maintenance of our databases, processing of payments or otherwise providing necessary software, storage or networking facilities to so effectively operate and manage Our Product.
- If, in bona fide spirit, it is reasonably necessary to:
- Satisfy law, regulation, legal provision or process or governmental request, assistance of investigation into the violations of this Policy, including fraud and theft and ultimately the protection of data and information of all Users and site visitors.
Code Cabin and CFR undertake to apply discretion and caution when disclosing information for statistical purposes, so as to guard against disclosing any information by which you can be identified personally by any means whatsoever.
Employees, agents, officers and end-users within or outside of Code Cabin and CFR will be given access to information they need to know only. Code Cabin and brand representatives undertake to not disclose personal data where not reasonably necessary or reasoned. Code Cabin and CFR will take all appropriate legal, organizational and technical measures to protect the personal data of Users, site visitors, employees, agents, officers and end-users within or outside of Code Cabin and brand representatives with access to personal data will be held responsible for any privacy violations in terms of this Policy and, where appropriate, institute terminations of contracts and employment.
Notwithstanding the terms of this Policy set out above, you submits that Code Cabin and CFR may share public information and anonymized aggregated data when involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of company. You further submits by consenting to our data processing, that Code Cabin and brand representatives may retain personal information in back-ups for a reasonable period of time, even after termination of the relationship between the latter party and the User or site visitor, unless erasure is otherwise requested. Upon request, Code Cabin and CFR will delete, correct and/or block any personal information from further use and processing, unless restricted by law.
All personal information collected and processed is reviewed to ensure that Code Cabin and CFR only store data needed to provide or improve Our Product. Reasonable steps are taken to ensure that personal information processed is accurate, complete and current. The User submits and has the right to provide Code Cabin and CFR with relevant information and so update their profiles if and when information changes.
Code Cabin and brand representatives take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, the Users submits, by using Our Product, that he understands the risks associated with transmitting data.
Children under the age of 18 are not to submit any personal information through or in relation to our service. Parents and guardians are called upon to help enforce this policy. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Rights of Data Subjects
If you decide, at any time, that you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from Code Cabin and CFR, please visit our opt out page. You may also email us by sending your request to us. Please note, however, that even after you opt out from receiving marketing material, you may continue to receive essential product information.
Code Cabin and CFR recognizes your right to request access and receive information about the Personal Information we hold, to update and rectify incomplete or inaccurate information, to restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Data, to have the information blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to transfer your Personal Data to another company. Furthermore, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority subject to applicable law.
To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, delete your account or submit a request to exercise your rights under applicable law, please submit a request here.
Code Cabin and CFR have ensured that certain processes are in place to meet a request of access, rectification, objection, erasure and opt-out is processed without undue delay and within the period of one (1) month.
Code Cabin and brand representatives will notify the relevant Users of any data breached within 72 hours of discovery and without undue delay.
Third Party Extensions
- Nifty Desk
- PDF Submissions (perhaps use a PDF icon)
- Stored Submissions (perhaps use a HDD icon)
- Slack Notifications
Amendments to this Policy
- Should any provision/s in this Policy be held as invalid by a court of law, such provision/s shall be modified and thereafter interpreted so as to best accomplish the initial, now replaced provision to the fullest extent permitted by law; the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected.
In a Nutshell
- Code Cabin and Contact Form Ready is committed to protecting the data you share with us.
- Code Cabin and brand representatives rely on the consent of Users and site visitors, or users who otherwise get in touch with us for product related queries, for data processing purposes.
- We have granular consent processes in place for every instance and separate purpose of data processing.
- We have provided for means by which we assist Users of Contact Form Ready in ensuring their form data processing practices are GDPR compliant.
- Information/data held by Contact Form Ready may be request, rectified or erased at any time.
- Contact Form Ready will only send you marketing material upon your consent, which may be withdrawn at any time.
- Contact Form Ready takes reasonables measure to ensure the integrity and security of your data.
- Code Cabin and Contact Form Ready acknowledges the right of our Users and site visitors in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The retention and sharing of your personal information is regulated in terms of the GDPR.
- Our quick guide to GDPR compliance can be found here:
How to get in touch with us