CFR Advanced Form Settings
This article covers contact form settings for Contact Form Ready. Basic Settings were covered in the Installation & First Use documentation article for Contact Form Ready. This article is based on Contact Form Ready v2.0.00.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard → Contact Forms → All Contact Forms (if you’ve created at least one form with Contact Form Ready)
- Go to WordPress Dashboard → Contact Forms → New Contact Form (if you have not yet created a form)
- Open a form for editing or click to create a new form.
- Click the Advanced Tab to see settings covered in this article.
Email subject (admin)
- Enter your preferred subject for the admin confirmation message.
Email body (admin)
- Enter the body of the message you want to send to the admin when a new form is submitted.
Send confirmation email to user?
- Check the box if you want to send a confirmation email to the user.
Email subject (user)
- Enter your preferred subject for the user confirmation message.
Email body (user)
- Enter the body of the message you want to send to the user who submits a form.
Set the reply-to as the user’s email address
- Check the box if you want the reply-to email address to be set to the user’s address. This will have the effect of making it impossible for the user to reply to your email. This will only take effect if the user enters a valid email address in the email field on the form. Of course, if they don’t enter a valid email address the email can’t be delivered either.
This article covered contact form settings Contact Form Ready. Basic Settings were covered in the Installation & First Use documentation article for Contact Form Ready. If you need further assistance or are having other issues with the plugins, feel free to visit our Support Forum (on WordPress.org) or use our Contact Form.